Buy for yourself or get an early start on Christmas shopping – here are my top picks for small kitchen appliances worth buying on Amazon Prime Day!
It’s no secret that I do love a bargain. Even so, most of these little gems are such great additions to your kitchen they’re worth buying even if you don’t catch a sale. As I’m writing this, Amazon’s annual Prime Day is coming up on July 11-12, so this is a great time to take a look at these hot sellers.
NOTE that Amazon will also have great sale prices on lots of items on or before the July 4 holiday.
- Keurig K-Mini Single Serve Coffee Maker
- DASH Mini Waffle Maker
- Ninja BN401 Nutri Pro Compact Personal Blender
- Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- Ninja AF101 Air Fryer
- Nostalgia Electric Ice Cream Maker
- Ecolution Micro-Pop Microwave Popcorn Popper
- FoodSaver FM2100 Vacuum Sealer
- Peach Street Electric Immersion Blender
- Cosori Electric Kettle
Keurig K-Mini Single Serve Coffee Maker
Keurig is a favorite brand among coffee drinkers, and this one is sized to fit anywhere and go anywhere so you never have to be without. Packed into that small size are all the features you need to enjoy the morning coffee you love.
- As the slimmest Keurig on the market, this model measures 4.5″ wide by 11.3″ deep by 12.1″ high and has cord storage for travel or for keeping your counter uncluttered.
- It uses standard size Keurig K-Cup pods and is compatible with the My K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter. The reservoir will hold from 6 to 12 ounces of water for a single brew. Brewing takes only minutes, and the automatic shut-off feature turns it off a minute and a half after your last use.
- If you’re on the go a lot, you’ll love the design as it will accommodate a travel mug that is up to 7 inches tall.
- As a bonus it comes in 6 colors: black, gray, dusty rose, evergreen, oasis, and poppy red.
DASH Mini Waffle Maker
This cute little 4-inch waffle maker comes in an array of fun exterior colors, including some whimsical prints such as holiday snowmen and orange leopard. You can also choose from regular round waffle or shapes such as a bunny, Valentine heart, skull & bones, and more.
- Your kids will love the shapes, but this is for us big kids too. It measures 5″ x 6.4″ x 2.8″, making it a great size for the dorm, a small apartment, or for vacation to a condo or in your RV.
- The non-stick plates make a single-serve 4″ waffle. Get creative and it will do lots more – canned biscuit or cinnamon roll dough, hashbrowns, cake mix and other batters, even omelets. For loads of ideas check out my Pinterest board for Waffle Iron Recipes.
- It’s easy to operate, easy to clean, and comes with a recipe guide.
- It also makes a great gift, and it’s priced so low you can afford to give this to everyone on your list.
For full size waffles, and for serious waffle fans, another great choice is the BELLA Classic Rotating Belgian Waffle Maker. Full price is under $40, but it’s often on sale for less than $30 – and it gets rave reviews. See it on Amazon.
Ninja BN401 Nutri Pro Compact Personal Blender
Here’s an awesome personal blender that packs top performing power into a relatively small appliance. It’s from the well-known brand name Ninja, and it’s so popular that as of this writing Amazon sold over 800 in just the past week.
- The 1,100 Watt motor has the power to turn ice into snow within seconds. It will pulverize even tough parts of fruits and veggies you would normally discard, allowing you to extract more vitamins and other nutrients.
- It features 2 one-touch preset programs designed for crushing ice and making smoothies.
- This model comes with two 24-ounce Single Serve Cups, two Spout Lids (for drinking on the go), the Pro Extractor Blades Assembly, and a guide with 20 recipes.
- If you’re short on counter space, no problem. Even with all that power this Ninja measures only 6.34″ D by 6.93″ wide by 14.29″ tall.
- Easily crush ice, make smoothies, shakes and other frozen drinks and treats, and use it for food prep. Cleanup is easy too since all parts are dishwasher safe.
NOTE – Other options, slightly less expensive:
- Ninja Fit Compact Personal Blender (model QB3001SS) – For about $30 less, the Ninja Fit is slightly smaller in size, has a 700 Watt motor, and comes with two 16-ounce cups and spouts. I own one and have found the 700 Watts to be all the power I need. I have not tried processing very hard seeds or stems, but it makes extremely quick work of ice and frozen or fresh fruits, veggies, nuts and other smoothie ingredients. See it on Amazon.
- Magic Bullet Blender – Usually under $40, the Magic Bullet is larger (6.93″D x 13.19″W x 10.63″H) than the Ninja models and has only a 250 Watt motor. I don’t own one so I can’t speak to it’s capability, but I must admit that this little personal blender has been around quite a while and is still extremely popular. See it on Amazon.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
I just can’t say enough good things about the Instant Pot! If you don’t own one yet, you don’t know what you’re missing.
- It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, warmer, sterilizer, and you can even sauté in it.
- The Instant Pot is THE most popular brand (by a long, long shot) and gets top rankings from owners on all counts.
- You can find literally thousands of Instant Pot recipes on Pinterest and elsewhere on the web. There is even a Facebook group that will help you with any questions you have and, of course, more recipes.
- It has over 10 built-in safety features, plus a safe-locking lid and an overheating protection feature.
- If you aren’t familiar with modern electric pressure cookers you owe it to yourself to check them out. For full details please read my complete Instant Pot Review.
Ninja AF101 Air Fryer
Anyone who is familiar with this site knows I’m a huge fan of two air fryer brands: Philips and Cosori. However, this Ninja model is a top seller on Amazon, and thousands of owners report that they are very pleased with it.
- This is a 4-Quart capacity model with touch screen controls and dishwasher safe parts.
- The temperature control ranges from 105° to 400°F, and it has four settings: air fry, roast, reheat, and dehydrate.
- It does not have a huge number of presets, but in my book that is not an issue as those are often unreliable. For more about that please read Why You Should Never Trust An Air Fryer Cooking Time Chart.
If you’re undecided, please read my complete reviews on the Philips XXL Airfryer (Model HD9650/96 TurboStar) and the Cosori Pro II Air Fryer. Whatever brand you choose, an air fryer is a good investment if you’re interested in eating healthier.
Nostalgia Electric Ice Cream Maker
If your kids or grandkids have never had homemade, introduce them to what real ice cream tastes like! Summer may be the most popular time for buying this particular small appliance, but it also makes a great gift at Christmas or any time of year.
- Make homemade ice cream in a half hour or less. A powerful electric motor makes the process effortless.
- Choose from 4 quart or 6 quart sizes. Both are available in either dark or light wood finishes, and if you’re old enough, the vintage design will bring back memories.
- It’s simple to operate, and the motor locks in place during processing.
- Enjoy old-fashioned soft serve ice cream, or try some healthier desserts such as gelato, sorbet, and frozen yogurt.
- The included lid and cap can be used to store leftover ice cream in the canister in your freezer – as if you’re ever going to have any leftovers.
Ecolution Micro-Pop Microwave Popcorn Popper
Microwave popcorn that is sold in disposable packets can pose a variety of health risks, but don’t give up your favorite treat. Elocution offers you a great way to pop corn that is very inexpensive – only about $13 at full price.
- You can’t beat this for cute! Choose from six fun colors – aqua, blue, hot pink, red, teal, and yellow.
- It also comes in two sizes. The smaller “snack size” has a 1.5 quart capacity, and the larger family size is double that at 3 quarts.
- Make healthier popcorn because no oil or butter is required. Simply pop with air in your microwave. Note that if you do want to add butter, you can melt it in the dual function lid.
- The glass container is BPA free and temperature safe, and both the container and lid are dishwasher safe.
- Be aware that this is only for use in microwaves that have a turntable. Also, you should not use the “popcorn” setting on your microwave but follow Ecolution instructions instead.
The Ecolution is a top seller on Amazon, but my personal favorite is the Lekue Microwave Popcorn Popper. It costs more, usually around $20, but it has a 2.8 liter (about 3 quarts) capacity and is collapsible for storage (made of BPA-free platinum silicone that is dishwasher safe) See it on Amazon.
FoodSaver FM2100 Vacuum Sealer
In my opinion this is a must-have appliance. If you ever freeze anything, you will love the way a vacuum sealer keeps your food so much fresher so much longer. Imagine no more frost, ice crystals, freezer burn, or dried out foods. FoodSaver is the number one brand, and they make lots of models. I own the FM2100, and it is my top choice for several reasons.
- FoodSaver is the leading brand, with a reputation for quality products and good customer service. The FM2100 is a medium priced model and comes with a 5 year warranty.
- This vacuum sealer is very easy to use with virtually no learning curve. It can handle a wide range of foods, including cooked or raw meat, fish, poultry, fruit, vegetables, meal prep, leftovers, and lots more.
- Your purchase includes one bag roll and several pre-cut bags in different sizes to get you started.
- Stock up on seasonal produce at farmers markets, and take advantage of weekly sales at your local supermarket. Vacuum sealing extends the life of freezer foods considerably, so you can save a lot of money by buying in bulk.
- In fact, this appliance will pay for itself very quickly. I explain how in my article about How to Save Money on Meat & Poultry.
NOTE – What to consider before you buy a vacuum sealer:
Keep in mind that this is my top pick because it suits my personal needs in a vacuum sealer. Your needs may differ, so here are a couple of things to think about before you decide on a model to buy.
- Like all channel vacuum sealers, the FM2100 does not do well with very liquid foods such as soup, salsa, gravies, and sauces. If your main use will be for liquids, you should consider investing in a chamber vacuum sealer. For more information see my Chamber Vacuum Sealer Comparison Chart.
- The FM2100 is designed for moderate use in the average kitchen. It is not made for heavy duty use for extended periods of time. By that I mean spending all day vacuum sealing produce from a very large home garden, or hours and hours of processing several whole deer at once at a hunting camp. Again, only a chamber vacuum sealer can hold up to that level of use.
If you are unsure, please check out my Vacuum Sealer Comparison Charts. On that page you’ll find information and details about channel vacuum sealers like the FoodSaver FM2100, as well as chamber vacuum sealers and even the small handheld vacuum sealer models. You may also want to read About Commercial Vacuum Sealers – Home Chamber Models.
Peach Street Electric Immersion Blender
Don’t assume that immersion blenders are only for professional chefs. Right now (June, 2023) this one is priced so low that it’s worth buying even if you only ever use it to get the lumps out of your gravy. But of course it does lots more.
- With a 500 Watt motor and 4 sharp blades, this immersion blender will grind tough meat and even rock-hard fruits. It has two speed controls, regular, and Turbo Speed for tough work.
- Use it for making smoothies, milkshakes, soups, purees, dips, and for mixing batters. It’s also great for blending out lumps to make smooth sauces and gravies.
- Base is detachable for more compact storage. Only the blades are dishwasher safe.
- Made of durable metal, it is built to last. It’s easy on your hand because the ergonomic design enables you to get a good, steady grip.
- Comes in 8 colors, but black is the least expensive. All the other colors cost at least twice as much.
NOTE: Looking for a cordless immersion blender?
Depending on your needs, you may want to check out the Bella Immersion Hand Blender. It’s a little more expensive and not nearly as powerful as the Peach Street model, but you can work cord-free, plus it comes with a whisk attachment.
Cosori Electric Kettle
This is a must for the impatient among us (yes me, I confess). Boil your water super fast – in as little as 5 minutes for a full pot. Cosori is a relatively new brand but over the last few years has been building a good reputation for its appliances. I own a Cosori Air Fryer and have been very pleased with it.
- This model has a 7 cup capacity and is marked with cup and liter lines for convenient measuring.
- The container is made of borosilicate glass and has a wide top opening for easy access and cleaning. The filter, inner lid, and heating plate are made of stainless steel.
- There are two great safety features: (1) Boil-dry feature prevents the kettle from being turned on when it is empty; (2) Automatic shut-off turns the kettle off 30 seconds after boiling is finished.
- If you’ve never owned an electric kettle, it’s great for everyday use and also to keep stove burners free when you’re cooking big family or holiday meals.
What Did I Leave Out?
What small kitchen appliances are on your can’t-live-without-it list? Please leave a comment below and let the rest of us know what we’re missing!
Please share on Pinterest!